Education Resources is thrilled to announce the launch of its new advanced vestibular rehabilitation online course series. The sessions are recorded live from Dr. Richard Clendaniel's highly acclaimed courses, and are now available to a wide range of health care professionals.
This evidence-based course will focus on differential diagnosis, advanced assessment and advanced techniques for treatment of patients with vertigo from BPPV. This course is designed for clinicians with prior vestibular rehabilitation course work and clinical experience. Through analysis of challenging cases and lab practice, participants will hone their clinical decision-making and hands on skills.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify and differentiate between anterior, posterior and horizontal canal variants of benign paroxysmal positioning vertigo.
2. Perform the canalith repositioning maneuver, the procedure described by Kim and colleagues, and the procedure described by Yacovino and colleagues for anterior semicircular canal BPPV.
3. Differentiate between horizontal semicircular canal cupulolithiasis and horizontal semicircular canal anterior arm canalithiasis.
4. Perform the Appiani, Casani, and Gufoni maneuvers for horizontal semicircular canal BPPV.
5. Discuss the evidence behind the need for vibration and post-treatment restrictions in the treatment of BPPV.
6. Discuss the evidence behind the canalithiasis and cupulolithiasis hypotheses for BPPV.
"I've taken several of Dr Clendaniel's courses over the past ten years. This course was just what I needed - the actual course lecture from the comfort of my home, with advanced level BPPV info." - PT
"I've been wanting to take the live course for a while, but with family obligations it was a challenge. This course is fantastic and as if you are sitting in the live room. It's a great plus to also be able to rewind and review any material on the spot! Having Clendaniel teaching from the comfort of my home and I can apply everything the very next day. I highly recommend this course!!" - PT
CEUs: This course is offered for 3 Contact Hours, 0.3 CEUs (Intermediate Level)
If you wish to get continuing education credits after watching a course, you will need to take the post-test and pass with a grade of 80% or better. Click the tab "Take Exam". You will be told if you pass. (You may re-take the exam at your convenience until you pass.) Then click the "Receive certificate" button to download and print your CEU certificate.
Physical Therapists and Physical Therapy Assistants:
Application has been made to select states PA, NJ, FL, LA, MD, NM, NV, OK, WV, KY, MN
Please call the office 800-497-6530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for status of application.
Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants: Education Resources, Inc. is an AOTA Approved Provider for Live and Distance Learning-Independent Courses
National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. ERI is a member of the NBCOT Professional Development Provider Registry and as such, provides PDUs to occupational therapists who wish to maintain certification at all of our live and online courses.