It’s “Therapies Eve” at ERI and we couldn’t be more excited!
Tomorrow we will welcome more than 200 OTs, PTs, and SLPs to Therapies in the School 2019, our annual school-based conference just outside of Boston. Renowned speakers including Athena Oden creator of “Ready Bodies, Learning Minds,” and self-regulation expert Susan Roberts will take the stage and share their knowledge and personal experiences. We will teach the most up to date treatments and address numerous challenges that our community of school-based therapists face every day and provide support and ideas for improving your practice and outcomes for students and young children.
If you’re attending the conference, the ERI Team will be on hand should any attendees have and special needs or requests. And be sure to follow us on Facebook, watch for Facebook Live events, check-in, share photos, and tag #therapiesintheschool #eri #schooltherapists #Therapies2019.
See you at the registration table!
We’re spreading good cheer this holiday season by inviting you to enjoy $50 off your next ERI continuing education course! Now through December 27, 2019, register for an ERI multi-day continuing education course, enter code HOLIDAY2019 at checkout and receive $50 off*! Choose from numerous courses taking place across the country now through 2020. Registration is open online or by calling 800-487-6530.
The Team at ERI
*Promotion code valid 11/18/2019 through 12/27/2019. Promotion code must be entered at the time of registration and is valid for one-time use only. Offer is not valid on previous purchases, online courses, conferences, or one-day courses and can not be combined with other offers. Additional restrictions may apply.
We’re excited to welcome Athena Oden a highly popular pediatric physical therapist, teacher, and author as she helps us kick off ERI’s annual Therapies in the School Conference. Athena is known across the US for her down-to-earth approach to teaching, the “Ready Bodies, Learning Minds” program, and the practical and powerful nature of her techniques. Her conference session, “Ready Bodies, Learning Minds: Creating Classrooms that Meet the Needs of All Children” will explore the Dynamic Systems Theory and highlights interventions and techniques applicable to all students in all environments. Participants will learn and discuss intrinsic movements, classroom strategies, motor lab application, handwriting, and more.
Conference attendees also have the opportunity to attend Athena’s afternoon workshop “Ready Bodies Learning Minds: Strategies for Special Populations” which will empower and inspire school-based therapists with new approaches for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Asperger’s Syndrome, DCD, DDD, and more.
Athena is an engaging, experienced speaker and therapist with a clear mission: To help children perform at their peak, and to help therapists, teachers and parents understand the fundamental issues involved with sensory integration, motor skills, learning, and performance.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from Athena in person at the 20th Annual Therapies in the School Conference at the Sheraton Framingham Conference Center & Hotel, conveniently located west of Boston, Massachusetts, and within driving distance of Providence, Rhode Island, Manchester, New Hampshire, and Worcester, Massachusetts.
Register today and learn from industry leader Athena Oden at this year’s Therapies in the School Annual Conference.
ERI’s widely popular annual conference is turning 20! And to celebrate, we are giving you 20 reasons why you should join us November 21-22, 2019 in Framingham, Massachusetts.
- Learn new innovations, research, evidence, and practical tools to improve the lives of the children you service
- Join renowned instructor Athena Oden as we kick off the conference with “Ready Bodies Learning Minds: Creating Classrooms that Meet the Needs of All Children”
- Instructor Susan Roberts, MDiv, OTR/L returns this year to teach sessions on Self-Regulation and Psychoneuro-immunology
- Emily Zeman, MS, OTD, OTR/L will teach “Trauma Informed Care and its Application to the School Based Therapist.”
- Join expert Sandra Saavedra PhD, PT for “Identifying Children Whose Postural Deficits may be Interfering with Academic.”
- On Day One, choose from one of these four exciting afternoon workshops:
A.)“Ready Bodies Learning Minds: Strategies for Special Populations (Autism Spectrum Disorder, Asperger’s Syndrome, DCD, DDD and more)” with Athena Oden
B.) “Self-Regulation and Psychoneuroimmunology: Using a New Model to Determine and Implement Optimal Treatment Approaches for Each Child,” with Susan Roberts, MDiv, OTR/L
C.) “Support for Beginning Practice: School Based Therapy 201 Writing Goals, Benchmarks, Measuring and Documenting Progress,” with Nicole Barman, OTR, Kathryn Biel, MS, PT
D.) “Reframing What Progress Looks Like for the Severely Involved Child: A Lateral Progression,” with Beth Currier, DSc, MS, PCS, PT
- Choose from one of these four exciting afternoon workshops on Day 2:
A. ) “Using the Segmental Assessment of Trunk Control (SATCo) to Optimize Positioning and Enhance Function (academic performance, playground participation, speech production, and more),” with Susan Cecere, PT, Jocelyn Newell, DPT, MSPT, PT, Sandra Saavedra PhD, PT
B.) “I’m in Charge! Teaching Kids to Take Charge of Their Lives: A Workshop on Student Self Determination Amy Coopersmith,” MaryBeth Fitzgerald, MA, OTR/L, RN
C.) “How to Build Effective Groups to Maximize Progress,” with Deidre Azzopardi, OTD
D.) “Using Components of Motor Learning to Drive Your School Based Practice,” with Julianne Lalik, DPT, PT
- Take part in one of three informative lunch breakout sessions
A.) “Ask the Experts: A session for asking questions and sharing solutions”
B.) “New to School: Networking opportunity for therapists new to school-based practice (0-5)”
C. )“Creative Therapies: Bring your best solutions and creative strategies to share”
- Earn continuing education credits
- Network! Not only do you get to learn from experts in the field, you’ll meet and connect with colleagues who share your passion.
- Meet the ERI Team in person
- Enjoy a continental breakfast each morning
- Explore new vendors offering an array of services and products for therapists
- Check out ERI’s new company branding
- Celebrate this year’s “Excellence in Creative School Based Therapy Award” recipient
- Join a community that fosters therapists building connections, sharing ideas, and actively learning
- Stay at the Sheraton Framingham Hotel, centrally located from Boston, Providence and Western, Mass.
- Get out of the office (or school) for the day and gain new knowledge in a new setting
- Invest in yourself, your career and your practice
- Have fun! Make new connections and like-minded friends who help you grow both personally and professionally
There are lots of reasons to attend the Therapies in the School 20th Annual Conference. What’s yours? Tell us in the comments below, and if you haven’t registered, be sure to visit us online and sign up to attend Therapies in the School. See you this November in Framingham, Mass!