Last month, therapists from across the country joined us for the live webinar “Managing the Complex Therapy Patient in the Time of COVID-19: Preparing and Mobilizing Therapists in the ICU/Acute Care and Beyond.” The course sold out in a matter of hours and demonstrates that therapists working in ICUs and on the front line of the COVID-19 pandemic are searching for the expert guidance to assess and treat complex critically ill patients. We here at ERI are dedicated to helping therapists acquire the skills they need and once again, we’re teaming up with Chris Wells, PT, Ph.D., CCS, ATC to bring a second session of the new two-part webinar on Saturday, May 16 from 10 am to 6:30 pm EST, and Sunday, May 17 from 10 am to 5:30 pm EST.
Chris, who currently leads a rehabilitation team managing COVID-19 patients, will teach therapists to interpret vital signs beyond the basics as it relates to critical illness, including:
- Integrating the medical and environmental effects of the ICU to promote an effective therapy session in all settings
- Applying current literature and trends to progress functional recovery for patients that suffer critical illness (including information related to COVID 19)
- Applying exercise physiology principles to prescribe an effective exercise prescription
- Implementing an integrative rehabilitation plan to address pulmonary dysfunction
- Analyzing the complexity of critical illness via a case scenario to develop an evaluation and intervention approach to provide comprehensive care
This LIVE webinar costs $369, includes course handouts, and meets the criteria for 13.5 contact hours (1.35 CEUs). Intermediate level. Click HERE for complete CEU details.
Please know that enrollment is limited and the previous session filled up quickly. We encourage you to register early!