ERI’s widely popular annual conference is turning 20! And to celebrate, we are giving you 20 reasons why you should join us November 21-22, 2019 in Framingham, Massachusetts.
- Learn new innovations, research, evidence, and practical tools to improve the lives of the children you service
- Join renowned instructor Athena Oden as we kick off the conference with “Ready Bodies Learning Minds: Creating Classrooms that Meet the Needs of All Children”
- Instructor Susan Roberts, MDiv, OTR/L returns this year to teach sessions on Self-Regulation and Psychoneuro-immunology
- Emily Zeman, MS, OTD, OTR/L will teach “Trauma Informed Care and its Application to the School Based Therapist.”
- Join expert Sandra Saavedra PhD, PT for “Identifying Children Whose Postural Deficits may be Interfering with Academic.”
- On Day One, choose from one of these four exciting afternoon workshops:
A.)“Ready Bodies Learning Minds: Strategies for Special Populations (Autism Spectrum Disorder, Asperger’s Syndrome, DCD, DDD and more)” with Athena Oden
B.) “Self-Regulation and Psychoneuroimmunology: Using a New Model to Determine and Implement Optimal Treatment Approaches for Each Child,” with Susan Roberts, MDiv, OTR/L
C.) “Support for Beginning Practice: School Based Therapy 201 Writing Goals, Benchmarks, Measuring and Documenting Progress,” with Nicole Barman, OTR, Kathryn Biel, MS, PT
D.) “Reframing What Progress Looks Like for the Severely Involved Child: A Lateral Progression,” with Beth Currier, DSc, MS, PCS, PT
- Choose from one of these four exciting afternoon workshops on Day 2:
A. ) “Using the Segmental Assessment of Trunk Control (SATCo) to Optimize Positioning and Enhance Function (academic performance, playground participation, speech production, and more),” with Susan Cecere, PT, Jocelyn Newell, DPT, MSPT, PT, Sandra Saavedra PhD, PT
B.) “I’m in Charge! Teaching Kids to Take Charge of Their Lives: A Workshop on Student Self Determination Amy Coopersmith,” MaryBeth Fitzgerald, MA, OTR/L, RN
C.) “How to Build Effective Groups to Maximize Progress,” with Deidre Azzopardi, OTD
D.) “Using Components of Motor Learning to Drive Your School Based Practice,” with Julianne Lalik, DPT, PT
- Take part in one of three informative lunch breakout sessions
A.) “Ask the Experts: A session for asking questions and sharing solutions”
B.) “New to School: Networking opportunity for therapists new to school-based practice (0-5)”
C. )“Creative Therapies: Bring your best solutions and creative strategies to share”
- Earn continuing education credits
- Network! Not only do you get to learn from experts in the field, you’ll meet and connect with colleagues who share your passion.
- Meet the ERI Team in person
- Enjoy a continental breakfast each morning
- Explore new vendors offering an array of services and products for therapists
- Check out ERI’s new company branding
- Celebrate this year’s “Excellence in Creative School Based Therapy Award” recipient
- Join a community that fosters therapists building connections, sharing ideas, and actively learning
- Stay at the Sheraton Framingham Hotel, centrally located from Boston, Providence and Western, Mass.
- Get out of the office (or school) for the day and gain new knowledge in a new setting
- Invest in yourself, your career and your practice
- Have fun! Make new connections and like-minded friends who help you grow both personally and professionally
There are lots of reasons to attend the Therapies in the School 20th Annual Conference. What’s yours? Tell us in the comments below, and if you haven’t registered, be sure to visit us online and sign up to attend Therapies in the School. See you this November in Framingham, Mass!