Improve your Pediatric Practice and Earn CEUs at Your Convenience!
As schools re-open and children get back to scheduled activities and commitments outside of the home, we recognize the challenges that these post-COVID transitions can pose to children with sensory issues.
That’s why ERI and esteemed faculty member, Liesa Ritchie-Persaud, PT, DPT, PCS, CKTP, are excited to offer a NEW on-demand, online series for your learning convenience: Treatment of Motor Issues in Children with Sensory Dysfunction Online Series. Liesa, an internationally renowned and engaging instructor, will teach you how to utilize “Sensory-Aware” tools for pediatric clients referred for gross motor and sensory-motor challenges.
Recorded at a live webinar, this on-demand, online series provides therapists like you the flexibility to learn on your own schedule, while still feeling like you’re in the classroom as fellow therapists participate in Q&A sessions. Online participants will be prompted on how to participate in labs.
Participants have access to the course and downloadable handouts for an entire year.
Treatment of Motor Issues in Children with Sensory Dysfunction Online Series
- 11.5 hours/$299 per person
- Gain practical “Sensory-Aware”* tools to treat children with both underlying gross motor and sensory dysfunction. *Evidence-based techniques beyond common knowledge and integrated with a motor learning frame of reference.
- Learn to utilize sensory-aware skills that are based in functional strengthening and coordination activities to maximize the effectiveness of your treatments.
- Gain the ability to improve children’s postural control, foundational weakness, instability, incoordination, motor planning, and restricted mobility by utilizing sensory knowledge to improve functional outcomes and increase participation in school and at home.
Upon completion of this online series, participants will be able to:
- Describe interdependent dynamics of sensory systems as they relate to gross motor function.
- Assess and identify specific areas of sensory dysfunction in pediatric clients who are referred to physical therapy for gross motor challenges.
- Apply skilled clinical reasoning in sensorimotor therapeutic interventions.
- Develop sensory-based strategies to increase postural control, strength, coordination, motor planning, stability & mobility.
- Explain evidence-based rationale for chosen therapeutic techniques to improve caregiver, team, and administrative communication and understanding.
PLUS…Don’t miss Liesa Ritchie-Persaud’s upcoming LIVE WEBINARS to take in conjunction with Treatment of Motor Issues in Children with Sensory Dysfunction Online Series:
Don’t Wait For Gait! Therapeutic Evaluation and Treatment of Pediatric Gait – LIVE WEBINAR – Three Sessions
Complete three sessions for 11 Contact Hours (1.1 CEUs)
July 13, 15 and 20, 2021
5:40 pm EST • 4:40pm CST • 3:40pm MST• 2:40pm PST
This course clearly explains the significant components of evaluation and treatment of pediatric gait, in a clinically relevant manner. Flaws of a “wait and see” approach will be discussed, while supporting proactive & preventive intervention with proposed methods for deliberate, realistic & effective intervention for pediatric gait.
Therapeutic Evaluation and Treatment of Toe Walking (Pediatric Equinus Gait) – Live Webinar – Two Sessions
Complete two sessions for 9.5 Contact Hours (.95 CEUs)
August 27 and 28, 2021
10:40 am EST • 9:40 am CT • 8:40 am MST • 7:40 am PT (US)
This evidence-based course helps clinicians develop interventions based on etiologies through comprehensive assessments of toe walking (pediatric equinus gait).