Have you always wanted to learn from Dr. Kay Toomey but never had the opportunity to attend one of her extremely popular and often sold-out conferences? ERI is pleased to bring Dr. Toomey directly to you through our new LIVE webinar “When Children Won’t Eat: Picky Eaters vs. Problem Feeders Assessment and Treatment Using the S.O.S Approach to Feeding.” Join Dr. Toomey and her colleagues Deborah Lagerborg CCC-SLP, and Susan Kniffen MS ORT/L, Thursday July 16, through Sunday July 19, and learn the Sequential Oral Sensory (S.O.S) Approach to Feeding, a transdisciplinary program for assessing and treating children with feeding difficulties and weight/growth problems from birth to 18 years.
The SOS Approach is a results-driven feeding program that utilizes 30 years of proven clinical experience helping children learn the skills they need to eat well. Dr. Toomey and her team train professionals in the field about feeding challenges and how to best utilize the S.O.S approach in their practices. Through this webinar, therapists and feeding professionals will expand their practice, learn new strategies, change the way they view assessment, and improve their impact on parents and caregivers.
Course participants will learn to:
1. Identify oral, sensory, motor, cognitive and emotional developmental milestones key to feeding
2. Recognize and describe the major reasons why children won’t eat, as based on learning theory principles
3. Identify physical, behavioral, motor, oral-motor, and sensory factors as a part of a feeding assessment
4. Apply behavioral and social learning principles, and systematic desensitization, to feeding problems
5. Create and implement a S.O.S feeding program for toddlers and young children, in group and individual treatment formats
The four-day course takes place July 16 through 19 from 8am-5pm CST (9am-6pm EST, 7am-4pm MST, and 6am-3pm PST) and meets the criteria for 28.5 contact hours. Registration is extremely limited and open to the first 130 registrants. Click HERE today to register for ERI’s LIVE Webinar “When Children Won’t Eat: Picky Eaters vs. Problem Feeders Assessment and Treatment Using the S.O.S Approach to Feeding.”