Live Webinar for Therapists. Complete All Sessions for 9 Contact Hours (0.9 CEUs).
August 16, 23 and 30, 2022
6:10 pm EST • 5:10 pm CST • 4:10 pm MST • 3:10 pm PST (US)
Learn practical management strategies to improve outcomes for these patients with neurodegenerative disorders. Improve your fundamental understanding of impairments commonly seen in progressive neurologic conditions including management of muscle tone, kinetic disorders and ataxia. This course aims to improve clinician skills from diagnosis through late-stage disease management. Case studies with videos will be used to develop assessment and treatment plans with strategies to address both motor and non-motor impairments including decreased attention, difficulty multitasking, and behavioral barriers that limit therapists’ ability to maintain or improve a patient’s functional status.
- Identify the mechanism of action and common side effects of medications and medical interventions commonly prescribed for patients with neurodegenerative disorders
- Select evidence-based outcome measures associated with functional impairments in patients with neurodegenerative disorders
- Determine an appropriate long-term management strategy for a patient with a neurodegenerative disorder
- Compare and contrast pharmacologic and medical management strategies for disorders of increased muscle tone
- Select an outcome and affiliated subjective reporting strategy for quantifying disorders of increased muscle tone
- Utilize an evidence-based strategy to manage spasticity in patients with neurodegenerative disorders
- Distinguish motor recalibration and affiliated perceptual deficits commonly seen in conjunction with hypokinesia
- Apply an evidence-based strategy for compensation of tremor
- Identify the impact of ataxic movements on established measures of functional mobility
- Utilize an evidence-based strategy to treat functional impairment due to truncal and appendicular ataxia
Recommended for PTs, PTAs, OTs and OTAs.
Robert (Bobby) Hand is a licensed physical therapist currently serving as an outpatient physical therapist at VCU Health. He is a board-certified clinical specialist in neurologic physical therapy and currently working toward his PhD in Health Sciences - Neurologic Rehabilitation through Rocky Mountain University. He is an active member of the American Physical Therapy Association and International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society. He was the recipient of the 2018 APTA Academy of Neurology Early Career Professional Award and DDSIG Volunteer Award. He is most active in the community through the Parkinson's Foundation, as a past recipient of a Community Grant Award and a participant in the Parkinson's Foundation Physical Therapy Faculty Program 2022 cohort, and CurePSP, where he holds a position on the Board of Directors.
Robert Hand receives an honorarium from Education Resources, Inc.
Robert Hand actively volunteers and associates with the Parkinson's Foundation, CurePSP, and LiftPD
VENUE LOCATION MAPClick image to access Google Maps.
Continuing Education Hours for disciplines not listed below: 9 contact hours (0.9 CEUs). Intermediate level. License #______________.
Education Resources Inc. is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID #04964. This Distance Learning-Interactive Course is offered at 9 contact hours 0.9 CEUs, Intermediate level, OT Service Delivery. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products or clinical procedures. This course can be used toward your NBCOT renewal requirements for 9 units. Provider for the FL Occupational Therapy Association CE Broker for 10.5 CE Hours - approval #20-922568. Approved by the FL Physical Therapy Association for 10.5 CE Hours - approval #CE22-922568. Course meets the basic criteria of the MD Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for 9 contact hours, 0.9 CEU's. Approved by the MN Board of Physical Therapy for 9 CE Hours, #6744. Approval #____ by the NJ State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for 9 CEC's. Approved sponsor by the State of IL Department of Financial and Professional Regulation for Physical Therapy for 10.5 contact hours. Approved provider by the NY State Board of Physical Therapy for 10.5 contact hours (1.05 CEUs). Education Resources is an approved agency by the PT Board of CA for 9 contact hours. Approved by the APTA Kentucky, A Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association, for 9 Category 1 contact hour(s). Expiration Date: 3/6/23, approval #CS64-2010-KPTA. This activity is provided by the TX Board of PT Examiners accredited provider #2210017TX for 9 CCUs and meets continuing competence requirements for PTs and PTAs licensure renewal in TX. Approved Provider for OK State Board of Medical Licensure & Supervision #BAP202310003. 9 hours of this course qualify towards the discipline-specific hours for the 20-hour requirement for NDTA re-certification. They do NOT qualify towards the 8-hour NDTA Instructor requirement for re-certification.
Education Resources Inc., 266 Main Street, Suite 1, Medfield, MA 02052 508-359-6533