The goal of this course is to enable you to tailor each patient's treatment for the most effective outcomes in light of the multiple problems that patients with limb loss face.
This course offers a multidisciplinary team perspective and highlights issues and therapy implications from amputation surgery through prosthetic prescription. It will address complications and common risk factors that an amputee case load can present.This exciting course will address multiple levels of limb loss due to diabetic, dysvascular, trauma, cancer and sepsis causes. Detailed analysis of complex cases will help clinicians hone their clinical decision making skills. New technology, surgical options and future directions to address current problems are included.
Participants will be able to apply course learning immediately to:
- Evaluate the limb loss population and risk factors they face
- Discuss surgical techniques and common complications
- Have working knowledge of common prosthetic components and be able to train patient in use
- Problem solve functional solutions with the multi-limb patient
- Develop introductory running and sports protocols for patient with limb loss
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the entire process from surgery to community integration for patients and how all team members impact the process.
What others are saying:
"After taking this course I now feel more prepared and confident to work with patients with limb loss." - E Montoya, PT
"Very clear that Inger is a very dedicated to excellence in patient care. Course manual very thorough and numerous patient slides were helpful and entertaining." - R Young, OT