We’re hiring a Webinar Host!
ERI, a small business that provides dynamic, evidence-based continuing education courses for physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, and assistants is hiring several part-time webinar hosts to help host its new live webinars. We are seeking hosts that are available to facilitate at least two webinars each month (through the end of this year, December 2020). This is a wonderful opportunity for PTs, OTs, SLPs, assistants, and therapy students to connect with presenters and learn new strategies and tools, while earning CEUs.
Fee: In addition to receiving CEUs and additional opportunities for professional development, hosts will also receive an hourly rate commensurate with experience for each live webinar.
Job responsibilities include:
- Participate in a one-hour orientation training to learn the online platform and the process for hosting
- Participate in a 45-minute practice session with each new course instructor
- Host 2-3 webinars per month between now and December 2020:
- It is required that hosts be available for:
- At least one weekend webinar each month AND either a second weekend webinar or a weeknight series webinar
- Time commitment: On average, the total number of hours for each webinar is between 10-14 hours
- Weekend webinars:
- Scheduled on Sat & Sun and average between 6-8 hours each day (i.e. Sat & Sun from 10 am – 6 pm EST)
- Weeknight series webinars:
- Course is spread out over several weeks in the evenings (i.e. every Monday night from 6-9 pm EST for 4 weeks)
- Weekend webinars:
- Courses are scheduled 3 months in advance
- Provide the following services at each webinar:
- Manage chats with attendees
- Launch polls and results of polls
- Help problem solve participant technological problems (i.e. audio/video issues) as they arise
- Read participant questions to instructor during the course
- Email handout links to participants if needed
- Start/stop timers for breaks
- Check/change settings as needed
- Provide time/schedule checks as requested by speaker
- Monitor and check in on anyone “raising their hand”
- Remind presenter to repeat the question if answering directly from chat
- Download chat log prior to signing off
- Remind instructor to download their chat log before signing off
The ideal candidates will have these skills:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to build a rapport with course instructors and course participants
- Basic knowledge of technology and willingness to learn new technology. Experience with the online platforms such as Zoom or GoToTraining is a benefit but not required. We will train you!
- Ability to be flexible and trouble-shoot
- A positive attitude and an appreciation of the important role therapists serve in improving the lives of patients
- Technology Requirements
- Operating system: Windows 7 – Windows 10 Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) – macOS Mojave 10.14
- High speed internet connection – Internet connection1 Mbps or better (broadband recommended)
- Quiet space to host, uninterrupted
To apply for this role, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Webinar Host Application.
We look forward to hearing from you!