To ensure an enjoyable webinar experience, we are hoping to answer any of your questions here
For the first time ERI will be using the online platform WHOVA event app. for our event. You will be able to set a personalized schedule, network with the other attendees even before or after an event, and more.
You will also receive a personalized email with full instructions and information
The webinar will be hosted in Zoom
I can’t get into the Webinar. Help!
- First, check to see that your Zoom name and email match the name and email you used to register for the course. If they do not match, please change your Zoom name and email to match those you used to register for the course. If you are still having trouble, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the session name you are trying to access, and an ERI team member will help you.
- Prior to the registration time, you will be placed in the “Waiting Room”. Twenty minutes prior to the course, registration will begin and your host will start to admit attendees into the Zoom course. Please be sure you log in well before the start time of the course to be sure you are admitted in a timely manner. We will be checking names of everyone in the waiting room and only admitting those people whose name matches our registration list. We may not be able to issue a CEU certificate unless we can match the attendee to the registration.
It’s saying I am not registered but I am – help!
There are two steps to the process of registering. First you need to register for the course with ERI. After you are registered with ERI, you will receive an ERI confirmation email closer to the course date that includes a Zoom link to access the webinar. After you click the Zoom link, you will be asked to register with Zoom by typing in your first name, last name, email address and to confirm your email address. Once you press “Register”, you will be registered with Zoom and Zoom will send you additional information on how to login into/access the webinar.
Hopefully the information above helps but if not, please reach out to your host and we will get it figured out.
New to Webinars?
Read this handout which contains helpful hints: Webinar Etiquette
Are there handouts for today? I can’t find the handout. How do I access it?
A link to the handout was sent in your course confirmation email. You will be able to download or print the handout. The handout must not be shared. If you can’t find your course confirmation, send your host a chat message and your host will re-send you the link & password
You will also be able to download the handout from the session in the WHOVA app
I can’t print the handouts. Could you send me a printed copy in the mail?
We are sorry to hear you are having trouble printing the handouts. Unfortunately, due to COVID 19, we are still working at a reduced capacity (and from home) and do not have access to our printers and are unable to send any printed materials.
Technical Difficulties During Webinar
I am experiencing technical difficulties during the webinar. What should I do?
Send a chat message to your host
- Please make sure you download the Zoom meeting application prior to signing on to the webinar: https://zoom.us/download
- To participate in all the functions of the webinar, you need to join using the desktop application on your computer (PC or Mac). We do not recommend signing in via the following:
- Phone: makes it difficult to see the slides and use all functions in the breakout rooms
- Chromebook: you will NOT be able to join the breakout sessions and participate fully in the course.
I can’t hear anything. What can I do?
Here are some suggestions to help with audio problems.
- First, check to be sure you speaker is turned on.
- If you see the speaker icon in the top-left corner is turned off, tap it to turn on your speaker.
- Increase the volume on your device using the volume buttons or notification panel.
- Next, you could try using earphones.
- Finally, if those options are not working, you could try restarting your device or reinstall Zoom You can also check out this helpful video regarding how to adjust your audio and video controls: https://youtu.be/-s76QHshQnY
I missed a day (or portion) of the webinar. Will I still get CEUs for the course? OR
I missed part of the webinar. Will I get partial CEUs?
Please email your question to email@example.com and an ERI team member will be able to answer your question.
When will we get our CEUs? Will the CEUs be mailed to us? How do I get my CEU certificate?
3-4 days after the completion of the final course session, once all attendance has been verified you will receive an email from ERI with a link to your course evaluation. Once you complete your evaluation, your certificate will be uploaded to your ERI account. Sign into your ERI account and you will be able to download and print your CEU certificate. CLICK HERE for detailed instructions on how to access your account and your CEU certificate
Speech Language Pathologists that need ASHA must submit your ASHA participant form, within 7 days of taking the course. Click HERE to complete the ASHA Participant Form, and ERI will submit the information to ASHA
Will we be able to view this as a recorded webinar?
We have received permission and approval from speakers to record the following sessions and offer them as on-demand, password-protected online courses. These sessions will be available for purchase in early 2021. We will notify you as soon as they are ready for you, and will also share a special discount just for you:
- School Based Best Practices: A Guide for Beginning Therapists – Susan Cecere
- Evaluating school participation: revitalizing and developing your process- Jan Hollenbeck
- Visual impairments, motor skills and school performance: CVI, ROP, ONH – Joanne Szabo
- Decisions for Today, Implications for Tomorrow: Long Term Outcomes over the Life Span for Students with Special Needs. – Barbara Connolly
- Assessment of Sensory Processing Issues in High-risk Populations: Down Syndrome- Barbara Connolly
- Digital tools: promoting efficiency for both you and your students – Tim Richmond
- Awareness of self in space: impact on motor skills – Melissa Gerber & Josephine Bardabelias
- Promoting Physical Activity & Learning Motor Skills: The Use of Adaptive Equipment in Schools – Lori Potts
Can I record the webinar?
We are unable to allow participants to record webinars. Here is ERI’s recording policy:
Please note that ERI strictly prohibits participants from taking screenshots, pictures, audio/video recording and distribution of any live webinar. Please note that in Massachusetts, where ERI is based, it is illegal to record another person through any medium without his or her knowledge.
If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
I have a question for the presenter. Where should I send it?
Please send all questions/comments to the host in the ZOOM chat (not to the presenter directly) as it is important for CEU purposes to record correspondence. Thanks so much!
I want to attend a different afternoon session than the one I chose during registration. Can I do this?
If you would like to switch sessions and receive CEUs for the afternoon, email email@example.com with the following message. An ERI team member will then respond to confirm the switch:
I would like to switch from [INSERT session you chose during registration] session to [INSERT session you would like to attend]. My name is [INSERT your name], my email address is [INSERT email address], and my discipline is [INSERT your discipline].
ENJOY THE CONFERENCE!