For our ever growing community of Neonatal Therapists, we are thrilled to announce the NEW certification offered by the Neonatal Therapy National Certification Board (NTNCB)
- Requirements for neonatal therapy certification include 3 years as a credentialed professional, 3500 hours of experience in the NICU, a minimum of 40 hours of education about NICU-specific content within the last 3 years, 40 hours of mentored experiences and a passing score on the Neonatal Therapy National Certification Examination.
- Applicants who fulfill all of the requirements of Neonatal Therapy Certification will earn the credentials of Certified Neonatal Therapist: CNT.
- Certification is valid for 5 years from the date of initial certification.
Education Resources is thrilled to announce that the CEU hours from our evidence based NICU courses do count toward the required 40 hours of education.
Neonatal Therapy National Certification Examination
- Applicants who have submitted their completed certification application will be notified by the NTNCB if they satisfied all requirements within 90 days of application submission.
- The certification examination is computer based and administered by a third party professional testing center. Testing centers are located throughout the United States and abroad. Please click here for a list of locations in your area.
- To meet the final requirement for certification, applicants must receive a passing score during administration of the Neonatal Therapy National Certification Examination.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions: