Visual Processing/Visual Deficits Treat, Remediate, Compensate, Refer?
This session will highlight visual processing skills and how they impact the student in the classroom. It will discuss when its appropriate to treat, remediate or compensate and when its time to refer the student for further testing.
1. Participants will be able to identify when a child has a visual processing deficit or a visual deficit
2. Participants will gain more knowledge/tools on how to help their students with a visual processing deficit
3. Participants will demonstrate the ability to identify what area of visual processing they are working on and why.
4. Participants will identify the importance of good vision and its impact on academics and learning
5. Participants will identify when they need to refer their students back to a medical professional (pediatrician, optometrist, opthamalogist)
COURSE FEE: $144
Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Speech-language Pathologist
This course is offered for 3 Contact Hours, 0.3 CEUs (Intermediate Level) Please visit our CEU page for further details
This course is offered for up to 0.35 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Professional area).
If you wish to get continuing education credits after watching this session, you will need to take the post-test and pass it with a grade of 80% or better. To take the exam, click the tab "Take Exam", after watching the course. After you have submitted your answers, you will find out if you passed. If you passed, click the "Receive certificate" button to download and print your CEU certificate. If you did not pass, you may re-take the exam at your convenience until you pass.
For Group Pricing and Group Registration:
Please call the office for further information, to register and receive log in information for each individual.
Fee: $144 +$34 for each additional registrant (CEU certificate) up to 19.
Registration Form Conference 4 - mail/fax/call in with payment. Registrant information can be emailed to the office. Suggested Group Information Sheet (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you have other questions please visit our FAQ page