“Assessment and Treatment of Complex Feeding Disorders: Assessing and Treating the Whole Child”
With her dynamic presentation style and deep expertise gained over 20 years as a speech-language pathologist specializing in pediatric feeding disorders, Mary (Polly) Tarbell-Bickley CCC-SLP, M.Ed’s continuing education courses are extremely popular with OTs and SLPs across the nation. Now is your chance to learn from Polly directly from the comfort of your home with ERI’s new LIVE Webinar “Assessment and Treatment of Complex Feeding Disorders: Assessing and Treating the Whole Child.” The course will take place Saturday, July 25 from 10:00 am – 6:15 pm EST, and Sunday, July 26 from 10:00 am – 5:45 pm EST.
Polly will teach clinicians the necessary components of a comprehensive evaluation of feeding problems including those encountered by children with oral motor dysfunction, oral motor inexperience, oral hypersensitivity, behavioral rigidity and anxiety as seen in children with cardiac issues, prematurity, ASD, syndromes and SPD. Focus will be on a holistic treatment approach for challenging feeding disorders that are characteristically seen with tube dependency, oral inexperience, severe oral hypersensitivity, rigid eating patterns, and difficulty transitioning to table foods.
Participants will gain a comprehensive therapy toolbox including suggestions for reducing mealtime stress and anxiety and ensuring family carryover. Video case analysis will enhance problem-solving in hospital, school, home, and private practice settings.
- After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify children who are appropriate for oral functional therapy.
- Perform a holistic evaluation for complex feeding problems.
- Identify the barriers to normal eating patterns and reasonable treatment goals.
- Develop a holistic treatment approach, including determining treatment priorities and the appropriate intensity of therapy (including issues of timing as to when to use resources differently).
The two-day live webinar takes place July 25-26, 2020 and meets the criteria for 13.5 contact hours (1.35 CEUs). Please know that registration is limited so register today for: “Assessment and Treatment of Complex Feeding Disorders: Assessing and Treating the Whole Child”.