Are you a pediatric therapist who always wanted to learn from ERI’s esteemed faculty member Holly Schifsky, OTR/L, CNT, NTMTC, CBIS? Now you can! ERI and Holly Schifsky are bringing the highly acclaimed continuing education course “Baby Beats and Breaths: Therapeutic Interventions for the Premature Infant with Cardiopulmonary Compromise” directly to you in a new LIVE webinar. The two-part webinar will take place on Saturday, June 6 from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm EST, and Sunday, June 7 from 10:00 am to 6:30 EST pm. Complete both sessions for 14.5 contact hours, (1.45 CEUs).
Holly who is well-known for her exceptional work in the level IV NICUs will teach this intermediate-advanced course that focuses on the cardiopulmonary implications for the premature or medically-complex infant as related to physiological stability, evolving motor control, sensory stability, and transition to oral motor skills that support feeding.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Integrate chest wall movement assessment and treatment strategies to maximize infant outcomes
- Utilize developmental positioning and handling interventions to reduce chest wall deformities
- Assess the effects of invasive and non-invasive pulmonary support to the facial and oral structures as related to non-nutritive sucking and oral feeding progression
- Incorporate postural support with positioning and handling of infants for improved chest wall mobility during oral feeding
- Integrate a systems approach to individualized care plan for the infant with cardiopulmonary compromise
Enrollment for this webinar is limited so click HERE today to register for ERI’s LIVE Webinar “Baby Beats and Breaths: Therapeutic Interventions for the Premature Infant with Cardiopulmonary Compromise”