InHouse – Montana School
Live Webinar for Therapists. Complete one (1) session for 6.5 Contact Hours ( 0.65 CEUs)
October 20, 2022
9:40 am EST • 7:40 am MST
Learn how to help support your children/students with Developmental Coordination Disorders (DCD) achieve optimal outcomes. Evidence based assessment and treatment tools/strategies will be shared for kids in all settings (i.e., school, early intervention and clinics). Accommodations and strategies will also be provided that can be utilized across all settings.
- Identify two ways Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD) may impair a child’s ability to participate in school activities.
- Select four appropriate accommodations for a client with DCD in order to maximize their function in school.
- Choose an evidence-based evaluation tool to address a functional concern/deficit for a child with DCD, using the provided case study.
- Modify a treatment plan to reflect the change of setting from early intervention to school-based therapy (or clinic-based therapy) in the provided case study.
- Utilize evaluation results to update a functional goal for a child with DCD.
- Apply an evidence-based treatment strategy to address one of the goals identified in provided case study.
Dr. Melissa K. Gerber, OTD, OTR/L is a seasoned and respected clinician with extensive experience in pediatrics. She began her career in Adult/Pediatric inpatient/outpatient rehabilitation and acute care. Currently, she has been working for the Great Neck Public Schools for the past 21 years. She is president of 4MYKIDSOT, a private practice where she provides therapy and evaluations.
Dr. Gerber has presented at Education Resources, Therapies in the Schools on Visual Processing: Treat, Remediate, Refer. She has presented at Therapies in the schools in 2016 as the keynote speaker and presented on Aligning Motor needs with Educational Goals. She is enthusiastic to share her experiences and provide strategies that can be incorporated immediately. She is also affiliated with Puzzle Art Therapy, and enjoys sharing this program.
Financial Disclosures: Melissa Gerber receives a honorarium from Education Resources.
Non-Financial Disclosures: Melissa Gerber has no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
VENUE LOCATION MAPClick image to access Google Maps.
Continuing Education Hours for disciplines not listed below: 6.5 contact hours (0.65 CEUs). Intermediate level. License #______________.
Education Resources Inc. is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# 04151. This Distance Learning-Interactive Course is offered at 6.5 contact hours 0.65 CEUs, Intermediate level, OT Service Delivery. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products or clinical procedures. This course can be used toward your NBCOT renewal requirements for 6.5 units.
ASHA CEUs are awarded by the ASHA CE Registry upon receipt of the CEU Participant Form from the ASHA. Approved CE Provider for up to 0.65 CEU’s.
This workshop meets the criteria for the MT Board of PT Examiners for Category A CEUs by virtue of approval by the MN Board of Physical Therapy for 6.5 CE Hours, #6125 and ERI is an Approved provider by the NY State Board of Physical Therapy. 6.5 hours of this course qualify towards the discipline-specific hours for the 20-hour requirement for NDTA re-certification. They do NOT qualify towards the 8-hour NDTA Instructor requirement for re-certification.
Education Resources Inc., 266 Main Street, Suite 1, Medfield, MA 02052 508-359-6533