Live Webinar for Therapists. Complete all three sessions for 9 Contact Hours (0.9 CEUs)
March 31, April 7 and 14, 2021
6:10 pm EST • 7:10 pm CST • 6:10 pm MST • 5:10 pm PST (US)
Please download Brochure for full schedule
Supporting students’ meaningful participation in school activities and routines (whether in-person or remote) is aligned with federal legislation and state, local, and professional guidelines. However, assessing participation and developing student goals that intentionally focus on student participation are not universally utilized in school-based practice. This three-session course will present findings from research regarding development and use of student goals.
Topics addressed will include:
1) Assessing and measuring student participation in school whether in-person, remote or hybrid
2) Developing and using student goals that address participation in school
3) Promoting school cultures that encourage effective teaming and a focus on student participation
4) Meaningfully including parents and students in IEP development
5) Prioritizing student needs and goals
6) Developing and assessing goals for students receiving online and hybrid schooling
7) Applying information to school-based therapist performance reviews
Participants will receive a GOALS for Student Participation tool. Participants will engage in large and small group discussions regarding their relevant professional experiences, their reactions to recent research findings, and their clinical decision making as applied to provided case scenarios. Participants will also explore strategies to implement change within their school-based practice.
Following this course, participants will:
- Select and use tools to assess and measure student participation in school whether in-person, online or hybrid.
- Discuss barriers to development of student goals that address participation within the context of school activities or routines.
- Generate strategies for development of student goals that address participation within the context of school activities or routines.
- Devise strategies to promote effective teaming and meaningful involvement of parents and students during IEP development.
- Prioritize student needs and develop participation-based goals.
- Analyze how the move to online and hybrid schooling impacts goal development and assessment.
Kimberly D. Wynarczuk, PT, DPT, PhD, MPH, is an assistant professor in the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences at Moravian College in Bethlehem, PA. She is a board certified clinical specialist in pediatric physical therapy. She was previously a school-based physical therapist for 11 years and currently serves as the School-Based Special Interest Group representative to the Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy Research Committee. She has been a full-time faculty member in graduate-level physical therapy programs since 2011. Dr. Wynarczuk has conducted, published, and presented research on a variety of school-based physical therapy topics, including goal development and the participation of students with disabilities in school trips.
Kimberly D. Wynarczuk receives a speaking fee from Education Resources.
Kimberly D. Wynarczuk has no non-financial relationships to disclose.
VENUE LOCATION MAPClick image to access Google Maps.
Continuing Education Hours for disciplines not listed below: 9 contact hours (0.9 CEUs). Intermediate level. Therapist License Number_____________.
Approved by the FL Physical Therapy Association for 10.5 CE Hours - #CE21-816090. Approved Provider for the FL Occupational Therapy Association CE Broker for 10.5 CE Hours, #20-816090. Approval #_____ by the NJ State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for 9 CEC's.
Approved sponsor by the State of IL Department of Financial and Professional Regulation for Physical Therapy for 10.5 contact hours. Approved by the KY Physical Therapy Association for 9 Category 1 contact hours, expiration Date: 3/6/23, approval # CS64-2010-KPTA. Approved provider by the NY State Board of Physical Therapy for 10.8 contact hours (1.08 CEUs).
Education Resources is an approved agency by the PT Board of CA for 9 contact hours. This activity is provided by the TX Board of PT Examiners accredited provider #2210017TX for 9 CCUs and meets continuing competence requirements for PTs and PTAs licensure renewal in TX.
Education Resources is an AOTA Approved Provider for Live and Distance Learning-Independent Courses for 9 Contact Hours (0.9 CEUs). NBCOT Professional Development for 9 PDUs
Education Resources Inc., 266 Main Street, Medfield Ma 02052 508-359-6533