This exciting course examines treatment of children of all ages with ASD, ADHD, anxiety, OCD, cerebral palsy, self-regulation disorders, degenerative neuro muscular conditions, learning disabilities, executive functioning deficits, and motor planning challenges through yoga, breath, and sound.
- CEU DETAILS
This DYNAMIC workshop shares clinically tested individual therapeutic yoga protocols as well as the therapeutic use of specific yoga modalities and modifications for children of all ages. This program highlights the use of therapeutic YOGA for INDIVIDUAL treatment sessions and strategies for even your most challenging clients. Through experiential labs, participants will focus on the physical, regulatory, physiological, sensory-motor and emotional benefits of specific therapeutic yoga postures, breath-work, and relaxation techniques. Breath and sound and relaxation exercises to enhance regulation, endurance and organization will be highlighted. Clinical care analysis will demonstrate the therapeutic benefits of each sequence with children challenged by:
- Self-regulatory disorders
- Anxiety – OCD
- Cerebral Palsy
- Degenerative neuromuscular conditions
- Sensory-motor immaturity-motor planning/executive function issues
- Learning Disabilities
Following the completion of this course, participants will:
- Demonstrate specific yoga breathing and posture techniques to address self-regulation, anxiety, central attention, sensory-motor registration, endurance motor skills organization and executive function.
- Create a therapeutic environment that will calm even the most anxious child and experience a series of clinically tested 5 part yoga sequences with individualized modifications for specific challenges and a wide range of therapeutic benefits.
- Discuss improvement in self-regulation, self-awareness, and self-control through timing, sequencing, and repetition of yoga postures.
- Summarize how to address neurological immaturity and facilitate body awareness, motor planning, and motor skills through developmentally choreographed yoga practices.
- Summarize postural, breath and relaxation techniques.
- Demonstrate the use of props (straps, blocks, pillows, towels, blankets) to enhance alignment, breath control, body awareness, and motor control.
- Build strength, coordination, balance and motor skills through active flow and holding of postures.
Demonstrate individualized body-breath strategies to regulate arousal, increase engagement, and build brain-body connections.
- Demonstrate progressive relaxation techniques for students with ASD, ADD and LD (hands-on and off).
Anne Buckley Reen, OTR, RYT has been a practicing pediatric therapist for 30+ years and a pioneer in the use of yoga as a therapeutic modality for the past 16 years. Her work with yoga has been researched, published and cited in numerous journal articles and is the foundation for a researched preparatory program widely used in NYC schools - special needs classrooms. Anne brings a wealth of treatment options to pediatric therapy through yoga and continues to expand her knowledge and sharing through her dynamic yoga trainings.
"If you are debating about taking this course, stop! this course was absolutely enlightening, informative, and practical. It provided basic through advanced treatment strategies and gave clarity to how to implement yoga in a variety of diagnoses. Anny contributed much more than "yoga" to our learning" -Andrea Moroge, OTR/L
"Outstanding!! This course is very well organized. The speaker is articulate, clear, energetic, and very engaging, and knowledgeable. The material and visual aids are very well integrated in the overall presentation - I feel ready to use the material on myself and on my students. Overall I left feeling serene, grounded with a clear mind and vision - Feeling very HAPPY :)" -Gracita T. Charles
"Wow- I've been an OT for over 20 years and I wish I came to this course much earlier in my career. Every one of my children will benefit from the information shared. Thank you SO much." -Angela Guardiano, OT
"This was by far the best and most relevant workshop that I've ever attended. I only wish that more teachers had attended. This is a program that would benefit any classroom." -Debbie Tompkins, Special Education
"This was probably one of the best continuing education courses that I have attended. I feel as though I can go back to my district and present the material to teachers and make a real behavioral change as well as improving students motor skills in the process." -Gina Salisbury, PT
"I am so happy I had a chance to experience this seminar. I felt relaxed and rejuvenated. I am excited to implement GRTL in the classroom, I loved the clips of GRTL in action with students similar to the students in our program. Thank you!" -Sheila Eustance, Special Education
7737 Meany Ave.
Bakersfield, CA 93308
Courtyard - Bakersfield
3610 Marriott Drive
Bakersfield, CA 93308
This course meets the criteria for 13 contact hours (1.3 CEUs).
Education Resources Inc. is an Approved Agency by the Physical Therapy Board of California. Application has been made to the AZ Board of Physical Therapy.
Approved Provider of CE by the AOTA #3043 for 13 - Contact Hours (1.3 CEUs)
NABCOT professional development provider-13 PDUs
This course is offered for up to 1.3 ASHA CEU's (Intermediate level, Professional area).