Integrating NDT, SI and Motor Learning Perspectives in Pediatrics...Treating for Measurable OutcomesLezlie Adler
- CEU DETAILS
The continuing education hours obtained at this course qualify toward NDTA re-certification.
Are the goals you are setting for the children you treat, realistic? Is the treatment approach the most effective to achieve the outcome you want? This workshop will enhance critical thinking skills and hands-on skills to enable therapists to use a systematic approach to treating children with developmental challenges. Focus will be on problem solving to gain function for children with motor control, sensory processing and behavioral compromise. The unique approach will help therapists set realistic measurable goals, set priorities and determine frequency of treatment and exit criteria.
Participants will be able to:
1. Discuss developmental processes in the context of motor learning, neurodevelopmental treatment, and sensory integration theories of intervention.
2. Use critical thinking skills to apply current concepts of motor learning, NDT and SI to achieve functional outcomes
3. Identify behaviors indicating motor and sensory difficulties in children that compromise function through observation.
4. Use a new systematic approach to plan and execute treatment in a clinic, home, and school environment.
5. Use a minimum of five new intervention techniques.
Lezlie Adler, MA, OTR, FMOTA, C/NDT is an internationally recognized and respected clinician and consultant with extensive and broad experience in medical, educational and community based settings. As a pediatric occupational therapist in schools, hospitals, outpatient clinics, homes, community organization and nursing homes for children, she offers a unique approach which can be practically and successfully applied in all settings. She is an enthusiastic presenter who offers insightful information beneficial to the entire team.
Since 1976 she has conducted over 300 seminars throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Central America, Canada and the United American Emeritus on a large variety of topics related to children and families, bringing her energy and passion regarding therapeutic strategies and functional treatment.
To be or not to be a pilgrim... That is the question! -John Wayne
Know thyself... pilgrim! -John Wayne
The Laura Dozer Center - UCP of Central Arizona
1802 W. Parkside Ln
Phoenix, AZ 85027
Marriott Hartford Downtown
200 Columbus Blvd
Hartford, CT 06103-2807