Maximizing Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Function in Patients to Decrease Re-Admissions and Reach Optimal Outcomes: If you Can't Breathe Nothing Else Matters
Every patient you treat is a cardiovascular and pulmonary patient. For the client in the Intensive Care Unit, the Long Term Care Unit, Acute Care, Outpatient, Home, or school setting, your therapy outcome will be limited by primary and secondary cardiopulmonary impairments. Learn how to integrate examination and treatment of these systems with your traditional approaches in order to maximize functional outcomes whether the initial diagnosis medical, neurologic or orthopedic. Improve your clinical competence for evaluating and treating the trunk and respiratory system as well as the cardiac system to alter the client's rehabilitation outcome evidence with evidence based interventions because Nothing Else Matters If You Can't Breathe!
Upon completion of the seminar the participants will
1. Understand normal cardiopulmonary function and monitoring in all practice settings.
2. Interpret results of monitoring and apply to PT, OT, RT & SLP interventions, progression of therapy and re-evaluation.
3. Relate the changes in anatomy and physiology
4. Understand and incorporate the oxygen transport mechanism and how it relates to patient examination.
5. Perform therapeutic exercise geared toward improving respiratory function by modifying ineffective breathing patterns or inadequate airway clearance techniques.
6. Instruct and apply ventilatory strategies to enable patients to relax and cope by gaining more control of ventilation and coordinating ventilatory patterns to facilitate speech and movement.
7. Interpret and understand tests and measures of
What others are saying:
"Donna is an excellent instructor who is very dynamic and knowledgeable. I would definitely go to another course that she presented. She is very passionate about this topic which rubs off on the participants."- Laurette Lietow, OTR
"Donna is a pleasure to have as an instructor. She is approachable and knowledgeable and truly facilitates an environment of learning."-Crista Forstrom, PT
"This seminar was awesome! My expectations of this seminar met and went beyond what I expected. Donna is a great speaker, she presented in a way that was very easy to understand. She has so much passion and enthusiasm."
"Wonderful course. Very well presented and applicable to my setting of practice, which is home care as well as acute care, rehab, and SNF. Donna is so knowledgeable and really enjoys sharing her knowledge and insights. She is funny and engaging, a real delight!"-Christine Le Jacq-Smith
"With the penalties assigned to the acute care hospitals regarding rapid readmission, the focus has been on COPD, CAF, and AMI. Ms. Frownfelter has proven herself a leader in this field which was validated when I attended this course in Miami. I found her material to the point yet very descriptive. I enjoyed her hands-on format and delivery. I look forward to making an immediate impact on my working environment(s) when I return on Monday." Stephen Leonard, PT