Therapists working the NICU will not want to miss this engaging webinar that provides participants tools and strategies to prepare the NICU patient and family for discharge and transition home. Join Board Certified Pediatric Specialist Roberta “Bertie” Gatlin, PT, DSc, PCS and learn to evaluate, identify, and optimize services and care for NICU graduates as well as to enhance home based and/or outpatient clinical setting skills. Evidence based medical, developmental and outcome data will be discussed to inform treatment, best practices, and management of the medically fragile NICU child.
- Provide evidence based thoughts and comments for recommendations of follow up care of an infant and family/caregiver after discharge from the NICU.
- Provide rationale for selection of a therapeutic intervention plan of care with a post NICU infant and their family/caregiver.
- Determine positioning needs within a therapeutic intervention plan with the post NICU infant and their family/caregiver.
- Determine the need for developmental follow up, family intervention, and a positioning and handling programming for NICU graduates.
- Complete all both sessions on Saturday, July 18 from 10am to 7pm EST, and Sunday, July 19 from 10pm to 6pm EST for 15 Hours (1.5 CEUs). Please note, participants will need to have a doll and two baby blankets available to practice techniques during the webinar.
Early registration is encouraged as space is limited! Register for “Treating Infants and Families in the NICU and Beyond”