We are thrilled to offer a new course:
Improving Functional Outcomes in The Neurologic Upper Extremity
Presented by LaMar Bolden, OTR, DPS, C/NDT an advanced clinical specialist at Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation, with 12 years experience treating patients with central neurologic dysfunction. LaMar received the “Award of Merit for Innovative Treatment in Physical Disabilities Practice” from the New Jersey Occupational Therapy Association.
In this highly interactive continuing education course, for physical therapists and occupational therapists, the focus is on improving functional outcomes in patients with upper extremity dysfunction due to central nervous system deficits using assessment and treatment strategies within a contemporary paradigm. Designed as an integration of evidence-based treatment approaches, current neurophysiologic understanding of motor control, motor-learning, that can be immediately applied to practice in any treatment setting. This course will incorporate selection of the best outcome measure to evaluate and document progress to support intervention approach.
Course Objectives: At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Determine treatment approach, reasonably predict targeted outcomes/goals based on current neuroscience and evidence.
- Implement evidence based treatment strategies and techniques to improve functional outcomes.
- Develop a comprehensive plan of care that addresses upper extremity function at participation level.
- Choose appropriate standardized assessments to support measurable outcomes.
- Analyze movement patterns and correlate to stage of recovery to select best practice interventions.
We are pleased to offer this course in multiple locations in 2015:
February 27-28, 2015 – Laurel, MD
March 27-28, 2015 – Fort Worth, TX
June 19-20, 2015 – Weymouth, MA
August 28-29, 2015 – Derby, CT
October 16-17, 2015 – Burlington, NC