Who knew when iPads and other tablets first came out that this incredible piece of technology, would become a therapy tool?
With hundreds of apps out there ranging from free to $200 or more, how do you know which app is right for your client? In fact how do you even know if you are missing an app that could potentially be life changing for one of your autistic or non-verbal client?
We’ve put together a list of resources that we found around the web. Some are blogs that focus completely on speech therapy using the iPad and reviews of the app itself and we’ve also found a spreadsheet that was put together by a parent, an adult with autism and an SLP listing apps, uses and prices.
Interested in learning more? Check the apps resources out below:
- Full spreadsheet of iPad apps and Resources for Autism
- Best Autism Apps for School Aged Therapy
- My Top 10 Speech/Language Apps School-Aged Therapy
- Great Blog that Reviews Apps for Speech Therapy and reviews not only the app buy speculates how one could use it within therapy
- Apps for SLPs By GeekSLP.com
- Speech Techie.com SLP Apps List
- Autism Speaks.org Autism Apps
- Geek SLP.com
- Mom’s with Apps
There are apps for learning to write, learning to communicate with others, language, articulation, vocab, pragmatics, motor skills like hand eye coordination and also apps that focus on speech therapy for autistic children.
Are we missing any important apps that you use in your with your therapy patients daily or that you find extremely useful? Share them with us here!