Learn effective, evidence-based treatment strategies and symptom relief techniques, with functional outcomes and school considerations in mind. The promotion of healthy habits in children, as well as a practical and effective home exercise program (HEP) are discussed. Pediatric treatments to improve ocular motor skills, BPPV symptoms, and postural instability, including cervical proprioception retraining are provided. Strategies to alleviate symptoms of dizziness, motion sickness and chronic pain are covered as well. Group case studies concerning complex issues are presented by the group.
- Modify visual ergonomics for computer and phone use
- Discuss how exercise, sleep and hydration impact vestibular rehabilitation and treating children
- Summarize “Return to Learn” concepts during concussion recovery
- Evaluate the necessary physical skill components needed to allow learning in a classroom environment
- Perform multiple techniques to decrease symptoms during vestibular dysfunction
- Perform positional techniques with the most up to date recommendations to resolve symptoms
- Design individualized programs and modify treatment maximizing gains
- Design activities that will promote functional activity for ocular motor movement efficiency
This course is offered for 4.5 Contact Hours, 0.45 CEUs (Intermediate Level)
If you wish to get continuing education credits after watching a course, you will need to take the post-test and pass with a grade of 80% or better. Click the tab "Take Exam". You will be told if you pass. (You may re-take the exam at your convenience until you pass.) Then click the "Receive certificate" button to download and print your CEU certificate.
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR DETAILED CEU INFORMATION
Physical Therapists and Physical Therapy Assistants:
Application has been made to select states NJ, FL, LA, MD, NM, NV, OK, WV, KY, MN, TN, OH
Please call the office 800-497-6530 or email email@example.com for status of application.
Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants
Education Resources, Inc. is an AOTA Approved Provider for Live and Distance Learning-Independent Courses
National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. ERI is a member of the NBCOT Professional Development Provider Registry and as such, provides PDUs to occupational therapists who wish to maintain certification at all of our live and online courses.