Best practices to evaluate and assess the child with vestibular symptoms is covered because children often present differently from adults. The instructor demonstrates how to perform a physical exam and what to observe in the clinic and on the field following a possible concussion. She demonstrates basic screening techniques for cervical, vestibular and ocular pathology following concussion. Dizziness and the autonomic nervous system, OI (Orthostatic Intolerance), POTs, (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome) including activity and exercise intolerance and various assessments/tests such as the VAT, Modified VBI test and the ocular motor exam are demonstrated as well as BPPV Testing and the Dix-Hallpike test. How each of these diagnoses affect performances in school and sports is stressed.
- Identify appropriate physical evaluation techniques of the pediatric patient
- Analyze functional activity that is dysfunction and recognize potential vestibular dysfunction that can be addressed in treatment
- Identify conditions and symptoms of conditions that will respond to vestibular therapy
- Recognize red-flags that would necessitate further medical evaluation
- Summarize the ANS contribution to upright stance
- Recognize objective and subjective complaints with orthostatic intolerance and POTS
- Discuss treatment approaches for POTS patients and how the activities will improve symptoms
- Summarize symptom complaints that may relate to orthostatic complaints
This course is offered for 4.5 Contact Hours, 0.45 CEUs (Intermediate Level)
If you wish to get continuing education credits after watching a course, you will need to take the post-test and pass with a grade of 80% or better. Click the tab "Take Exam". You will be told if you pass. (You may re-take the exam at your convenience until you pass.) Then click the "Receive certificate" button to download and print your CEU certificate.
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR DETAILED CEU INFORMATION
Physical Therapists and Physical Therapy Assistants:
Application has been made to select states NJ, FL, LA, MD, NM, NV, OK, WV, KY, MN, TN, OH
Please call the office 800-497-6530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for status of application.
Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants
Education Resources, Inc. is an AOTA Approved Provider for Live and Distance Learning-Independent Courses
National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. ERI is a member of the NBCOT Professional Development Provider Registry and as such, provides PDUs to occupational therapists who wish to maintain certification at all of our live and online courses.