Speakers: Julie Goff, MSPT, DPT and Jennifer A Colebourn, MS PT, DPT
Using Evidence to Help Guide Decisions on Goals, Dosage, Frequency, Priorities and Interventions for Motor Issues in Autism
This seminar provides therapists with a thorough review on the existing research to classify motor impairments in Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), which are now considered a core deficit of the diagnosis. The presentation discusses evidence-based approaches in motor learning for children with ASD, highlighting treatment plans that are focused on participation in the school environment. Measurement approaches and goal development, dosing and frequency will also be discussed.
- Utilize evidence to develop and implement effective motor programming for children with autism.
- Discuss the neural basis for autism and the associated impairments of ASD.
- Discuss the connection between impairments and functioning for children with ASD.
- Develop educationally relevant functional goals and assessment tools.
- Assess and apply motor learning principles as related to motor interventions for ASD.
- Summarize external evidence for service delivery models for ASD.
Course Fee: $144
Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants
This course is offered for 3 Contact Hours, 0.3 CEUs (Intermediate Level) Please visit our CEU page for further details
If you wish to get continuing education credits after watching this session, you will need to take the post-test and pass it with a grade of 80% or better. To take the exam, click the tab "Take Exam", after watching the course. After you have submitted your answers, you will find out if you passed. If you passed, click the "Receive certificate" button to download and print your CEU certificate. If you did not pass, you may re-take the exam at your convenience until you pass.
For Group Pricing and Group Registration:
Please call the office for further information, to register and receive log in information for each individual.
Fee: $144 +$34 for each additional registrant (CEU certificate) up to 19.
Registration Form Therapies Conference 5 - mail/fax/call in with payment. Registrant information can be emailed to the office. Suggested Group Information Sheet (email to email@example.com)
If you have other questions please visit our FAQ page