Mindfulness, Movement and Music: Classroom Strategies
Mindfulness, movement and music activities improve student attention, behavior and learning. Learn strategies for individual, small group, and classroom intervention through group practicum exercises. Emphasis will be given to strategies for improving learning in students with behavioral, developmental, and sensory processing challenges.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will be able to:
1. Describe what dysfunctional arousal levels are, and how youth can be taught to understand and regulate their arousal levels for improved behavior.
2. Apply 3 mindfulness strategies to help achieve your current IEP or therapy objectives related to increasing attention and reducing aggression.
3. Apply movement break strategies to improve behavior, cooperation and direction following during classroom lessons and/or individual therapy sessions.
Group Treatment Strategies
This workshop builds on the morning session to help school therapists enhance their small group and classroom interventions. Experiential exercises and a treatment video will be used to teach sensory-based interventions and multi-sensory active learning tasks for use in small group and classroom wide therapy sessions. Through experiential activities participants will learn many brief movement and mindfulness activities for students of varied ages and developmental levels.
At the conclusion of this seminar participants will:
1. Describe the evidence-based rationale for school sensory-based interventions including adaptive techniques and equipment.
2. Discuss how sensory processing difficulties can contribute to attention and behavioral learning problems.
3. Apply evidence-based classroom and small group strategies to improving body awareness and arousal level modulation for improved attention, self-control and learning.
What other's are saying:
"This course provides some excellent ways of relating information back to classroom teachers in a positive, nonthreatening way!" - M Cassard, OT
COURSE FEE: $179
Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants
This course is offered for 4.5 Contact Hours, 0.45 CEUs (Intermediate Level) Please visit our CEU page for further details
If you wish to get continuing education credits after watching this session, you will need to take the post-test and pass it with a grade of 80% or better. To take the exam, watch session A and B and click the tab "Take Exam", after watching session B. After you have submitted your answers, you will find out if you passed. If you passed, click the "Receive certificate" button to download and print your CEU certificate. If you did not pass, you may re-take the exam at your convenience until you pass.
For Group Pricing and Group Registration:
Please call the office for further information, to register and receive log in information for each individual.
Fee: $179 +$34 for each additional registrant (CEU certificate) up to 19.
Registration Form Conference 4 - mail/fax/call in with payment. Registrant information can be emailed to the office. Suggested Group Information Sheet (email to email@example.com)
If you have other questions please visit our FAQ page