Complex School Based Challenges: Collaborative Goals, Embedded Motor Interventions, Data Collection and Eligibility/Frequency/Intensity Decisions
This session will focus on using relevant assessments to design collaborative goals with the IEP team. The participant will learn how this approach facilitates the development of embedded interventions, data collection and frequency and intensity decisions.
- Discuss the importance of collaboration on assessment, goal writing and data collection
- Design strategies for embedding interventions into school routines using ecological assessment
- Apply the collaborative approach to the service decision making process
Assessment, Evaluation and Embedded Interventions to Overcome Barriers to Participation
This session will focus on the use of the International Classification of Function (ICF) to support evidence based school therapy practice. By using this framework, the participant will learn how to apply a broader assessment strategy to support collaborative goals and embedded interventions that maximize student participation in school activities and routines.
- Discuss the impact of the participation framework (ICF) on assessment, evaluation and establishing embedded intervention for an educational relevance
- Develop an ecological assessment and intervention plan using the participation framework (ICF) for meaningful student engagement in school routines and activities
- Apply the participation framework to your own practice in order to support students using embedded intervention in the least restrictive environment
COURSE FEE: $169
Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants
This course is offered for 4.5 Contact Hours, 0.45 CEUs (Intermediate Level)Please visit our CEU page for further details
If you wish to get continuing education credits after watching this session, you will need to take the post-test and pass it with a grade of 80% or better. To take the exam, watch session A and B and click the tab "Take Exam", after watching session B. After you have submitted your answers, you will find out if you passed. If you passed, click the "Receive certificate" button to download and print your CEU certificate. If you did not pass, you may re-take the exam at your convenience until you pass.
For Group Pricing and Group Registration:
Please call the office for further information, to register and receive log in information for each individual.
Fee: $169 +$34 for each additional registrant (CEU certificate) up to 19.
Registration Form Conference 3 - mail/fax/call in with payment. Registrant information can be emailed to the office. Suggested Group Information Sheet (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you have other questions please visit our FAQ page