Complex School Based Challenges: Collaborative Goals, Embedded Motor Interventions, Data Collection and Eligibility/Frequency/Intensity Decisions
This session will focus on using relevant assessments to design collaborative goals with the IEP team. The participant will learn how this approach facilitates the development of embedded interventions, data collection and frequency and intensity decisions.
- Discuss the importance of collaboration on assessment, goal writing and data collection
- Design strategies for embedding interventions into school routines using ecological assessment
- Apply the collaborative approach to the service decision making process
Assessment, Evaluation and Embedded Interventions to Overcome Barriers to Participation
This session will focus on the use of the International Classification of Function (ICF) to support evidence based school therapy practice. By using this framework, the participant will learn how to apply a broader assessment strategy to support collaborative goals and embedded interventions that maximize student participation in school activities and routines.
- Discuss the impact of the participation framework (ICF) on assessment, evaluation and establishing embedded intervention for an educational relevance
- Develop an ecological assessment and intervention plan using the participation framework (ICF) for meaningful student engagement in school routines and activities
- Apply the participation framework to your own practice in order to support students using embedded intervention in the least restrictive environment
COURSE FEE: $169
Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Speech-language Pathologist
This course is offered for 4.5 Contact Hours, 0.45 CEUs (Intermediate Level)Please visit our CEU page for further details
This course is offered for up to 0.45 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Professional area).
To receive ASHA CEUs, you must submit your ASHA participant form, along with your CEU certificate(s) for each completed online session, within 14 days of taking and passing the post-test(s). The ASHA participant form is available HERE.
Please submit these forms electronically:
Please put “ASHA CEUs” in the subject line of your email.
Online course completions are reported to ASHA Quarterly following the below schedule:
Quarter 1: Online course Completions 1/1 – 3/31 will be reported to ASHA no later than 5/15
Quarter 2: Online course Completions 4/1 – 6/30 will be reported to ASHA no later than 8/14
Quarter 3: Online course Completions 7/1 – 9/30 will be reported to ASHA no later than 11/14
Quarter 4: Online course Completions 10/1 – 12/31 will be reported to ASHA no later than 2/14
For Group Pricing and Group Registration:
Please call the office for further information, to register and receive login information for each individual.
Fee: $169 +$34 for each additional registrant (CEU certificate) up to 19.
Registration Form Conference 3 - mail/fax/call in with payment. Registrant information can be emailed to the office. Suggested Group Information Sheet (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you have other questions please visit our FAQ page