The Zones of Regulation® presentation provides teachers, therapists and parents with hands-on knowledge on the nature of self-regulation and strategies for improving self-regulation and emotional control in individuals of all ages. The presentation addresses topics such as: the brains involvement, typical development, sensory processing, emotional regulation, and executive functioning. Audience participants will learn an explicit, stair-stepped method and tools to guide students in utilizing The Zones framework across situations and environments to regulate sensory needs, impulses, and emotional states to social demands.
RETURNING IN 2017
As The Pre-conference for our Annual Therapies In The School Conference
(Register together with The Therapies in the School Conference to receive a discount)
To register for the two day Therapies in the School Conference you will have the option to add it you cart when you register for this Preconference .
- Cite strategies to identify ones level of alertness and emotions and describe how social and contextual cues are used to decipher expected behavior.
- Demonstrate strategies to use to adjust ones level of alertness/emotions to match the demands of the environment.
- Identify ways to integrate The Zones into practice and generalize skills across settings.
- Develop insight into a systematic way to teach students to self-regulate.
- Identify sensory processing systems, integration and its impact on modulation.
- Outline executive functions that frequently impact self-regulation.