Feeding and Swallowing Disorders in Infancy:
Implications for Breast and Bottle Feeding
with Internationally Renowned Experts:
Lynn Wolf MS, OTR, IBCLC & Robin Glass MOT, OTR, IBCLC
October 26-27, 2018 – Providence St. Vincent Medical Center, Portland, OR
The International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners have allocated 14 CERPS for this course (IBLCE Verification Number – C1881145)
The goal of this conference is to provide a framework from which to view the continuum of infant feeding options, including breast and bottle feeding. Participants will have the opportunity to expand their repertoire of evaluation techniques and intervention strategies when working with infants who demonstrate feeding or swallowing dysfunction. This course will cover infants in the hospital/NICU environments as well as outpatients. This course will be relevant to lactation consultants, occupational therapists, speech and language pathologists, nurses, and other health professionals who specialize in or who have an interest in infant feeding disorders.
Upon Completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Evaluate specific infant feeding disorders and generate appropriate treatment strategies for their management.
- Understand the pathophysiologic principles underlying the suck, swallow, breathe triad and how they apply to breast and bottle feeding.
- Have an increased awareness of diagnostic procedures such as videofluoroscopic swallowing study, infant focused feeding assessment, evaluation of gastroesophageal reflux.
- Understand the interplay between special diagnoses (such as prematurity, gastroesophageal reflux, cleft lip and palate) and infant feeding dysfunction.
- Utilize treatment strategies to improve oral motor control for breastfeeding.
Earlybird Rate for 2 Days registration: $375 before August 11th
USE CODE: INFANTFEEDING2018 for online registering.
Not to be used in combination with other discounts or course credits.
Non-Transferable. Must be applied at time of registration, not to be used for previous registrations